shabby blog

changes in latitudes header

changes in latitudes header
49ers 5k fundraiser adventures Aidan Ancel Keys Aunt Sandy Uncle Dave B.S. bad days bad storm baking basketball be happy beachin' it BEAT DOOK Becky bestest friends in the world BIG WIN blessed blogging boot camp Bryttava and Rob Campbell campbell clan cappuccino carbohydrates catnip plant challenge child change cheer christmas church close call Coach Harbaugh courage croissants Dad Devin Dexter Strickland DINKing it do something Doherty Earth Day Easter bunny eat good food encouragement EPIC FAIL evolution family family bakery family origins fat February FIND A CURE fishing Florida flowers football French cafe friends fun gamblin' gardening getting in shape ghrelin glucose GO PHIL God good book good cause good food good movie good science/bad science GOOFBALLS green beer green thumb grief growing up GW Haley happy birfday Happy Groundhog Day Happy Saint Patty's Day Harbaugh Bowl Harrison Barnes health health quest hibatchi highs and lows history lesson holidays House of Refuge hug a tree. endangered animals Hutchinson Island in Roy We Trust insulin Ireland Irish Royalty Jimmy Buffett Johnny Jonathan Judy Judy and Tom Kathy kayaking Kendall Marshall Kentucky ketones ketosis Kevin kid-at-heart laugh Leo the cat leptin Lois Lois and Steve love love my job love this weather LOVE VISITORS lucky me lucky to be alive macaroons man vs nature margaritaville Mediterranean diet memories Mexico Michael Jordan Michele Mikey mom morning glories my garden my girls Nancy Nathaly new home new year's eve new year's resolutions Nicky Nicole nourishment nutrition oh happy day painting Palm Beach paradise Paris in Town PBC Boot Camp pestering pirates prayer Ralph Lauren reading Reggie Bullock relief running sailing Scotland seedlings Seshie shopping Sigma Kappa Singer Island ski trip smart mouth snorkeling sore muscles ouch spring break Square Grouper starvation staying in touch Super Bowl taking it easy Tar Heels terror thank you the calorie trap the Emerald Isle the ocean the power of nature the Sunshine State there are good people in the world things that matter think about it Thirsty Turtle time flies tropical TURTLE SEASON turtle walk Turtlefest turtles Ty Lawson Tyler Zeller universal studios Uptown Art Uncorked vacation Varsha Varsha's African Adventure Vero Beach wedding planning weight Will wine winter WPB

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Two 49er fans in the Sunshine State

We anxiously anticipated the 49er game this weekend, and, man, for a good reasonwhat a game! After a very stressful fourth quarter, with four lead changes in the last four minutes, the 49ers came up with the win. Kevin and I were exhausted from four hours of cheering and stressing, but as Coach Harbaugh would say, "Who's got it better than us? NOoobody!" (My favorite Niner chant.)

Go Niners!
Kevin grew up in the Bay area, so as a lifelong 49er fan it had been nine years since he'd had the opportunity to watch them in the playoffs. Growing up in Chapel Hill, where basketball reigned supreme, I had never really followed professional football so over the past five years I've adopted the Niners as my own, mainly due to the enthusiasm of one dedicated fan that is my dear fiancé. The 49ers are in rare form with rookie head coach Jim Harbaugh, who's coaching philosophy is very inspiring and reminds me a bit of my own favorite coach, Roy Williams. Unfortunately, the Carolina game this weekend was the opposite of spectacular as the preseason ranked #1 team looked sloppy, complacent, and, worst of all, blasé. Both programs have a storied history of championships and Hall of Fame athletes and coaches, but one team came into the season with low expectations from the press and performed spectacularly and the other team came in with the highest of expectations and rode the hype straight down the tubes. Hopefully, the Tarheels got a wake up call early enough in the season to change their attitudes going forward, but for now I'm majorly bummed on the basketball front. As for the 49ers, stay tuned because they're heading to the NFC Championship next weekend!

Grow little seeds, grow!
I caught up a little bit with Haley, Varsha, and Nathaly this week. It was nice to catch up with good friends and see what they're up to. Just as I was missing everyone and wishing they could all come visit I found out that my friend Judy would be in Boca on Tuesday so I get to see a familiar face in just two days! Then my mom's sister Sandy told me that her and my Uncle Dave would be coming to town in February! Moving to a new place is exciting and difficult at the same time. It's definitely an adjustment even though it's mostly positive. The hardest part is making new friends and keeping in touch with people you can't see regularly anymore. One of Kevin's co-workers from DC, Lois, also moved to Palm Beach not long before us and we've been hanging out a lot with her and her boyfriend Steve. She just got an awesome cat named Leo who is extremely entertaining, especially with a little catnip. So as a surprise I added some catnip seeds to my herb garden and am going to bring her over a plant once they have a chance to grow. For Christmas, Kevin's brother Michael and his aunt Kathy got me started on my gardening hobby with seeds, soil, and  pots. It's been a fun hobby for me, and so far I have eight different sprouts of herbs and flowers. In DC, it was impossible to grow anything in our apartment as it didn't get adequate direct sunlight or have an outdoor space, so it's a really nice change to be able to have a garden now. I'm looking forward to cooking with my herbs and putting some fresh flowers around the house.

So I guess this week's post could be summed up: Go 49ers and come visit us in Florida! :)

CBD

No comments:

Post a Comment